Information We Collect
Information we collect directly from you
- Registration information. When you register for an account, we collect your username, password and email address. If you choose to register by using a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), please see “Information from third parties” below.
- Billing information. If you make a payment on the Site, we require you to provide your billing details, such as a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder.
- Status Updates. Use of the FireCrew service largely involves posting status updates for other users to view. The content of these status updates is up to you to manage, but may include information about your identity and location. We store these status updates.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial.
Information we collect about you indirectly or passively when you interact with us
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, and timestamps.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Information from third parties. We may collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us. For example, if you choose to sign in using your Google account, the authentication of your credentials is handled by Google and we only collect information about your Google account that you expressly agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your FireCrew account to be linked to your Google account.
Third-Party Tracking Tools. We use Google Analytics to improve the features and performance of this Website. These third party tracking tools are designed to collect only Non-Personal Information about your use of our Website. However, you understand that such tools are created and managed by parties outside our control. As such, we are not responsible for what information is actually captured by such third parties or how such third parties use and protect that information.
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
How We Use Your InformationWe use the information we receive from you as follows:
- To display your status updates to other site users. The status updates that you submit through the site are publicly viewable and contain the entirety of the information you enter into the Status Update forms. In addition, your name will be visible to other authenticated users who are members of your Crew.
- To monitor, maintain, and improve our services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our service, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our service, including to help us evaluate or devise new features. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our services secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes, and for service improvement, marketing, research and development purposes.
- To facilitate account creation and the logon process. If you choose to link your FireCrew account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate the account creation and login process.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Website (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
Controlling Your InformationYou can:
- Update your account details. You can update your registration and account information on your Account page. These changes take effect immediately.
- Delete your account. You can delete your account from the Account page. This takes effect immediately and will result in your loss of all access to FireCrew services requiring authentication. Although your account is deleted, Status Updates that you submitted will remain in our database as long as there are still other User Accounts associated with your Crew. If a Crew has only a single User Account associated with it and that User Account is deleted, then all Crew Data, including all Status Updates, will also be deleted.